Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The WTF Ladder: Revisited


Remember that ladder tut? It so isn't a video. I don't know what the hell I was on when I looked at it the first time, but that little voice? Doesn't exist.
Anyway, despite the fact that it isn't a video and I might be schizophrenic, I did kick that tutorial's ass.
I didn't, in fact, make a ladder. I didn't wanna. I made a few random objects, uploaded to see how they look inworld and promptly got kicked outta my own sim and then outta Sandbox 1. The latter was a quite cordial kicking, the former not so much.
I can't seem to sleep so I'm up at 2 a.m. blogging while my poor, nekkid opensim avatar stares a pile of sculpts. It's ok that she's nekkid, she's the only one who exists in her world. ^.^
No need to cover the eyes of impressionable children. I have artfully placed an unused sculpty prim for the snapshotty purposes.

These are rendering so nicely, even in Imp which tends to give me problems with sculpts. With graphics slider on low, and cammed out until I disappear at 32 meters, the sculpts look PERFECT. I dunno what they are, but they're perfect whatevers they are ^.^
I am so absolutely thrilled to have this technique under my belt. The only problem is, as with everything I learn, it opens so many doors to new projects.
I'm going to have to start seriously considering the making of lists.










No comments:

Post a Comment