Monday, November 15, 2010

Built like a brick sh...Victorian

Quickie post to show off the progress of the Vickys. After struggling with actually finding natural sidings and attempting to texture Vicky Green with them, I had a brainstorm *ding*. There are totally brick Victorian houses. And I knew this, but the vision of the finished home always had siding. I dunno. I'm slow to change ^.^
Given that, though the houses tend to be just as - if not more in some cases - ornate as their wooden counterparts, yet relatively 'flatter' and less sprawling, I did some adjusting on some of the walls. Where floors tended to jut out a bit, I deleted here and there and shuffled prims around. One room lost a window and a little bit of space, but it's all flowing together nicely, still, I think.
I am giving myself a challenge! Since the only real work left now is roofing, I'm giving myself 3 days (yes, three!) to finish this version of the house (after only *cough5cough* months).
It would be absolutely fantastic to get the other three versions textured and planted and landscaped by December 1, and I'm going to keep that in mind, but I've committed to the Christmas Hunt and the prizes for that have 10 days to manifest ^.^ (omg deadlines!)

Here is Vicky G in her unfinished but way more textured glory.


3 comments:

  1. Every time I try victorian, for some reason they end up Steampunk. Great job, Tormie! And FYI, siding is the new 'black'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I haven't revisited the roof in quite sometime. x.x I promise to update as soon as I have it finished lol

    ReplyDelete