Monday, November 1, 2010

I promised! I did some stuff and then I got thinky.

Trees. Oh em gee. Do I ever have some trees. I spent the last several hours placing 5 different types of the most perfect trees I'd found on my tree search and then decided I needed more.
That is one of the first things I envisioned for Della Luna. Lots and lots of trees. BIG trees. Lots of big trees.
After planting one of the newest trees in a few spots I had a Great Big Idea. Aka "WTH was I thinking when I put the home parcels all high up in the air?"
So, mid-planting, I started terraforming. The sim should have a much smoother look now, but I've gone and changed the entire future of the continent. Oi.
That got me to thinking, too. When I started this blog, it was with the words 'future of my Wonderland themed sims'. That hasn't changed, but what does it mean? Anyone at all familiar with Alice's world definitely has an idea, and probably can conjure up all sorts of imagery when they think 'Wonderland'. I know I do, but I'm not sure it's what people are expecting. When I say theme and as I'm working on This and That and folding it all together into a Thing. I am trying to express a feeling. What is Wonderland?
For me, above all, it's beauty. It's everything. Everything beautiful, only sort of strange. Maybe a little wrong. Like looking at a thing with your head tilted at 90 degrees. You know what you're looking at. You've seen it before, but maybe your eyes go a little buggy because this perspective isn't quite right. You want to reach out and turn the thing, but you can't because it's already exactly as it should be. It's you that needs fixing.
Wonderland is a reflection of us at 90 degrees. It's a little dark, and a little wrong, but it's ultimate beauty when we see it for what it is. When we see that it's not what we're looking at but how we're looking at it that makes all the difference, we are making real and unreal irrelevant.
In Wonderland, some things are too big, some things are too small and some things are just right, but they're all just exactly what they are.
I don't want to create an environment that is a caricature. I don't want a cartoon. On Della Luna and the future Della Luna 'fantasy' estates, you won't find ostensibly dark and twisty imagery. (At least not until the castles are built on future sims)
You're going to be surrounded by the feeling I have when I tilt my head right side up again and see things as they want to be seen; what they are.
There is certainly a lot of work to be done, but just look at these trees ^.^


3 comments:

  1. ooo Loverly! What's the big stumpy one in the center? I love phallic imagery. ;)
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a secret! Except not, 'cause anyone could come in and see the mess in there which will likely not be the mess that's in there when it's completed :D
    'Decorating' that bit next. Speaking of stumpy, it may become slightly shorter, stumpy-er. Or the trees may become slightly bigger...need more treeees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh where did I see a GINORMOUS tree? I'll have to remember...
    could take a while...
    my brain is pickled....
    look! shiny!

    ReplyDelete