Sunday, November 21, 2010

Itty Bitty Gothic Prefab

So, last night I was laying on the floor fiddling with prims and though "Hey, why not a castle?" So I roughed one out, there on the floor. Teeny little prim castle. When it was 'done' I dragged it up to my junk drawer...erm, building platform and made it big. Well, that was not good. I didn't want a bunch of megaprims and when I stretched up so the max size of prim was 10 meters, the area between the ceilings and floors was like, 2 meters.
Not even sure tinies would've wanted to squeeze in there. So, I scrapped it and started over with bigger prims, scaled to me. I'm kinda short, as most are aware (I think 6' 1'' is plenty tall, but eh, whatevs) so maybe the ceilings are still a little low, but it's my Itty Bitty Gothic Prefab and I love it.

Here is a front view. Notice there are no windows. I realize not having windows is a security measure, but there's also a big old balcony (unfinished) on the second floor. It's my Itty Gothic Prefab; it'll be windowless yet insecure if I want it to be. Stairs also unfinished (read: nonexistent), but with the exception of those and the balcony - OH! and lack of door - everything inside and out is finished and textured (I'm shocked, too).

Comfy dungeon with owner-lockable cell. Awesome!


Second floor, much the same as the first floor/entry level.


And the roof with wicked neat turret-y things.

I haven't worked out travel between levels. The footprint of the house is roughly 20x25 meters, so it really is 'itty'. Am percolating ideas for stairs, but may wimp out and use floor to floor teleporters. Will see. Also, I'm already having ideas for my Godawfulbig Gothic Prefab Castle ^.^


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh we haz a new home to be Princess' in!!! ♥ Lovely TorSis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as the stairs go you could go with Spiral staircases. Those were pretty traditional and in some respects a security item.

    ReplyDelete